[DOCS] Prepare transaction doesn't mention NOTIFY - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From mark@inomial.com
Subject [DOCS] Prepare transaction doesn't mention NOTIFY
Date
List pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-prepare-transaction.html

Hi, in prepare transaction documentation in PG10 and earlier, it says that
you can't prepare a transaction with LISTEN or UNLISTEN but it doesn't
mention NOTIFY.

The NOTIFY documentation *does* mention that it won't work with PREPARE, so
it's just that the explicit mention of LISTEN and not NOTIFY is confusing.

I know this isn't the place to ask (and I'll never see the answer :) but I'm
baffled by the lack of support for NOTIFY in prepared transactions, and it's
causing me loads of grief, looks like I'm going to have to use a poll based
solution over a large number of databases, which is really unfortunate in
terms of resource utilisation.