Re: [BUGS] BUG #14791: Error 42P07 but the relation DOESN'T Exists!Error 42P01 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14791: Error 42P07 but the relation DOESN'T Exists!Error 42P01
Date
List pgsql-bugs
jfblazquez.ayesa@gmail.com wrote:

> I was creating tables using scripts via pgAdmin when it suddenly crashed
> while creating a table: "scada_equipment_instance"
>
> After restarting pgAdmin and psql service, I can't create or use
> "scada_equipment_instance" table anymore. It says:
>
> ERROR: la relación «scada_equipment_instance» ya existe
> SQL state: 42P07

[Translation: relation "scada_equipment_instance" already exists]

Juan Francisco followed up to the moderator address to indicate that he
found the problem -- there's a constraint that uses the same name as the
table, causing the error.

Case closed.