Re: [pgsql-www] Recognition Guidelines Patch - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Recognition Guidelines Patch
Date
List pgsql-www
>> What would happen to the conference events already listed at
>> https://www.postgresql.org/about/event? Are they going to be removed
>> if the organizer of a conference does not agree with this?
>
> As I understand it, no. It appears that instead there will essentially
> be two classes of conferences.
>
> 1. Recognized .Org conferences (those that follow the .Org guidelines)
>
> 2. Everyone else (who would still be subject to the event posting
> rules but not subject to the "Recognized" .Org conference guidelines.
>
> My guess is that #1 will have some level of preferential treatment on
> the website.

Ok. So only new event submissions after August 1 will be classified
into #1 or #2.  My guess is, existing events are classified into #2
regardless whether they satisfy the .Org guidelines or not.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan