Re: [HACKERS] A couple of postgresql.conf.sample discrepancies - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: [HACKERS] A couple of postgresql.conf.sample discrepancies
Date
Re: [HACKERS] A couple of postgresql.conf.sample discrepancies
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Thomas,

> Here's a script that reminds you about GUCs you forgot to put in
> postgresql.conf.sample.  It probably needs some work.  Does this
> already happen somewhere else?  I guess not, because it found two
> discrepancies:
>
> $ ./src/tools/check_sample_config.pl
> enable_gathermerge appears in guc.c but not in postgresql.conf.sample
> trace_recovery_messages appears in guc.c but not in postgresql.conf.sample

I like the idea. However maybe it worth considering to turn it into a
TAP test? Otherwise there is a good chance everybody will forget to run
it. For similar reason I would advise to add this patch to the next
commitfest.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev