[DOCS] Row Level Security Policies documentation doesn't mention lack ofsupport for views - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From deinspanjer@gmail.com
Subject [DOCS] Row Level Security Policies documentation doesn't mention lack ofsupport for views
Date
List pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/ddl-rowsecurity.html

The policy documentation page is great, and the example in it is very
informative, but I just discovered a major flaw in our implementation of it
that I would like to see mentioned in the documentation.

If you create a view on a table, any queries against the view are in the
context of the view creator rather than the actual current user.

So, in the example on the page, if the admin creates a view of the passwd
table and grants access to this view, alice would no longer be subject to
any of the RLS policies as long as she used the view instead of the real
table.