Re: [HACKERS] Row Level Security UPDATE Confusion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Row Level Security UPDATE Confusion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Rod,

* Rod Taylor (rod.taylor@gmail.com) wrote:
> UPDATE seems to work as described (unable to create records you cannot
> select); both the single rule version and multi-rule version seem to work
> the same.

Thanks for reporting this and helping to test the fix.  I've now pushed
the fix and it'll be included in the next round of patch releases.

I'd definitely like to chat further at some point regarding what really
makes sense here and if we should be considering a change, and, further,
how we can improve the documentation to be more clear.

Thanks!

Stephen