Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2017-05-04 21:08:41 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 8:09 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > On Mon, May  1, 2017 at 08:02:46AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> >> Even test_decoding is (perhaps regrettably) being used to build production solutions.
> >
> > E.g. to power amazon's data migration service (yes, that scares me).
>
> If you recall, I did predict prior to commit that test_decoding would
> get put into production use regardless of the name.

Yea.  I think we really should add a generic json plugin into core, I've
seen three (I think) distinct versions deployed into production now. One
of them derived from Euler's https://github.com/eulerto/wal2json, two
apparently developed largely from scratch (more efficient schema handling).

- Andres