Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump emits ALTER TABLE ONLY partitioned_table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump emits ALTER TABLE ONLY partitioned_table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Noah,

* Noah Misch (noah@leadboat.com) wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 11:58:23PM +0000, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > The status is simply that I've been considering Robert's comments regarding
> > the documentation and have had a busy weekend. I'll provide an update
> > tomorrow.
>
> This PostgreSQL 10 open item is past due for your status update.  Kindly send
> a status update within 24 hours, and include a date for your subsequent status
> update.  Refer to the policy on open item ownership:

I committed the immediate issue regarding the ALTER TABLE ONLY commands
failing when pg_dump's output was run against a new system on Tuesday,
so that part is "fixed", but I continue to work through the lingering
related issues with Amit and have been pushed related patches both
yesterday and today.

I'm anticipating a new patch (or perhaps two) from Amit tomorrow (well,
later today at this point...) that I hope to push to clean up other
related bugs in pg_dump's handling of partitioned tables.

Frankly, I fully expect to find additional issues beyond those as we
move forward, but assuming I can finish up the last couple patches from
Amit tomorrow then I'll close out this open issue and open new ones as
new issues are discovered.  I'll commit to having this issue closed out,
barring additional issues, by Sunday (2017-04-30).

Thanks!

Stephen