Re: [HACKERS] Allowing extended stats on foreign and partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Allowing extended stats on foreign and partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 09:39:22PM +1200, David Rowley wrote:
> > While reviewing extended stats I noticed that it was possible to
> > create extended stats on many object types, including sequences. I
> > mentioned that this should be disallowed. Statistics were then changed
> > to be only allowed on plain tables and materialized views.
> >
> > This should be relaxed again to allow anything ANALYZE is allowed on.
> >
> > The attached does this.
>
> [Action required within three days.  This is a generic notification.]
>
> The above-described topic is currently a PostgreSQL 10 open item.  Alvaro,
> since you committed the patch believed to have created it, you own this open
> item.

I'm going to review David's patch and post a detailed review on
Wednesday 19th.

I think the patch is reasonable, but it's lacking new tests, and I'm
worried that the error message changes do not affect the existing tests
in the area.