Re: [HACKERS] Remaining 2017-03 CF entries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Remaining 2017-03 CF entries
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Remaining 2017-03 CF entries  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > Write Amplification Reduction Method (WARM)
> > - fair number of people don't think it's ready for v10.

Given the number of votes against putting this on pg10, I am going to
back off from this patch now, with an eye towards putting it in pg11 as
soon as the tree opens.  Either I or Pavan are going to post another
version of this patch series, within the next couple of weeks, so that
others can base their testing, review and suggestions.

> > - can't move to next fest because it's waiting-on-author, which doesn't
> >   allow that.  Doesn't strike me as a useful restriction.
>
> I agree that that CF app restriction makes little sense.

What the restriction means is that if a patch is in waiting-on-author,
the proper "close" action is to return-with-feedback.  There is no point
in moving the patch to the next commitfest if there is no further patch
version.