Re: multivariate statistics (v25) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: multivariate statistics (v25)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Here's a rebased series on top of today's a3eac988c267.  I call this
> v28.
>
> I put David's pg_dump and COMMENT patches as second in line, just after
> the initial infrastructure patch.  I suppose those three have to be
> committed together, while the others (which add support for additional
> statistic types) can rightly remain as separate commits.

As I said in another thread, I pushed parts 0002,0003,0004.  Tomas said
he would try to rebase patches 0001,0005,0006 on top of what was
committed.  My intention is to give that one a look as soon as it is
available.  So we will have n-distinct and functional dependencies in
PG10.  It sounds unlikely that we will get MCVs and histograms in, since
they're each a lot of code.

I suppose we need 0011 too (psql tab completion), but that can wait.