Re: [HACKERS] extended statistics: n-distinct - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] extended statistics: n-distinct
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> * I'm not terribly happy with the header organization.  I think
> VacAttrStats should be in its own (new) src/include/statistics/analyze.h
> for example (which cleans up a bunch of existing stuff a bit)

I tried this and it doesn't actually do any good.  Patch attached, which
I intend to throw away.  The main problem is that most files interested
in analyze stuff also wants to do vacuum_delay_point, or access
default_statistics_target, both of which are declared in vacuum.h, so
these files have to include vacuum.h anyway.

In order to achieve anything worthwhile we'd have to do a three-way
split I think, and that's more trouble that this is worth.