Re: [HACKERS] Create replication slot in pg_basebackup if requestedand not yet present - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Banck
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Create replication slot in pg_basebackup if requestedand not yet present
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 02:42:32PM +0300, Arthur Zakirov wrote:
> Also maybe it would be good if pg_basebackup had a way to drop created slot.
> Although "drop slot" is not related with concept of automatically created
> slots, it will good if user will have a way to drop slots.

If you want to drop the slot after basebackup finishes you'd just use a
temporary slot (i.e. the default), or am I understanding your use-case
incorrectly?

I assumed the primary use-case for creating a non-temporary slot is to
keep it around while the standby is active.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach