Re: [HACKERS] SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nico Williams
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 12:58:55PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 12:48 PM, Sven R. Kunze <srkunze@mail.de> wrote:
> > On 08.03.2017 20:48, Peter van Hardenberg wrote:
> >>
> >> Small point of order: YAML is not strictly a super-set of JSON.
> >
> > I haven't read the whole standard, but from what I can see the standard
> > considers JSON an official subset of itself:
> > http://www.yaml.org/spec/1.2/spec.html
>
> But there's apparent sophistry, like this, in that spec:

I agree with you.  But beware, the IETF has had multiple threads with
thousands of posts in them about these sorts of issues.  If you're not
careful you'll have such a thread on this list too.  It would be very
sad not to only let a group that really cares have such threads instead.

:)

Nico