Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: psql show index with type info - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: psql show index with type info
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Peter Eisentraut (peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 3/8/17 08:30, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Right, I don't think having an extra column which is going to be NULL a
> > large amount of the time is good.
>
> Note that \di already has a column "Table" that is null for something
> that is not an index.  So I don't think this argument is very strong.

That's an interesting point.

I think what I find most odd about all of this is that \dti and \dit
work at all, and give a different set of columns from \dt.  We don't
document that combining those works in \?, as far as I can see, and
other combinations don't work, just this.

In any case, I won't push very hard on this, it's useful information to
include and we should do so.

Thanks!

Stephen