Re: [HACKERS] Parallel Index Scans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Banck
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Parallel Index Scans
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 08:14:28AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 12:27 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Committed guc_parallel_index_scan_v1.patch, with changes to the
> >> documentation and GUC descriptions.
> >
> > And committed parallel_index_opt_exec_support_v10.patch as well, with
> > a couple of minor tweaks.
>
> Thanks a lot!  I think this is a big step forward for parallelism in
> PostgreSQL.  Now, we have another way to drive parallel scans and I
> hope many more queries can use parallelism.

Shouldn't the chapter 15.3 "Parallel Plans" in the documentation be
updated for this as well, or is this going to be taken care as a batch
at the ned of the development cycle, pending other added parallization
features?

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach