Re: [HACKERS] Change in "policy" on dump ordering? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Banck
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Change in "policy" on dump ordering?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 02:49:36PM -0500, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> >> Patches for head attached.
> >>
> >> RLS was the first item added after DO_REFRESH_MATVIEW, which was added
> >> in 9.5. So if we want to treat this as a bug, they'd need to be patched
> >> as well, which is a simple matter of swapping 33 and 34.
> >
> > I wonder whether we should emphasize this change by assigning
> > DO_REFRESH_MATVIEW a higher number, like 100?
>
> Since there wasn't any interest in that idea, I have committed Jim's
> patch as is.

Would this be a candidate for backpatching, or is the behaviour change
in pg_dump trumping the issues it solves?

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach