Re: [GENERAL] Autoanalyze oddity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter J. Holzer
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Autoanalyze oddity
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2017-03-05 08:39:05 -0800, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 03/05/2017 03:01 AM, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> >So it is likely that something happened on that day (disk full?) which
> >wiped out the contents of pg_stat_user_tables.
>
> Are there any logs from that time, either Postgres or system?
>
> I would think a full disk would have been noticed at the time so alternate
> theories:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/monitoring-stats.html
>
> "...  When the server shuts down cleanly, a permanent copy of the statistics
> data is stored in the pg_stat subdirectory, so that statistics can be
> retained across server restarts. When recovery is performed at server start
> (e.g. after immediate shutdown, server crash, and point-in-time recovery),
> all statistics counters are reset.
> ..."

Oh, of course. That was the day we found out the hard way that the
bypass for the UPS didn't work. I knew that date looked familiar, but
somehow couldn't place it. Mystery solved, thanks!

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | A coding theorist is someone who doesn't
|_|_) |                    | think Alice is crazy.
| |   | hjp@hjp.at         | -- John Gordon
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |    http://downlode.org/Etext/alicebob.html

Attachment