Re: [buildfarm-members] Moving to HTTPS - Mailing list buildfarm-members

From David Fetter
Subject Re: [buildfarm-members] Moving to HTTPS
Date
List buildfarm-members
On Sat, Jan 07, 2017 at 07:12:07PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > Yeah, you're right. Or perhaps even more simply we could do:
> >         perl -MLWP::Simple -e 'print qq{BAD\n} unless head(q{https://www.postgresql.org});'
>
> Hmm, so that reports BAD on all four of my buildfarm critters :-(.
>
> On longfin, which is running a current macOS release, "cpan install
> LWP::Protocol::https" seems to be enough to fix it; but on the other
> three, I get various flavors of failure.  It looks like the root cause is
> that the versions of the relevant modules that are currently available
> from CPAN assume newer versions of OpenSSL and/or other Perl modules than
> these machines have installed.
>
> I could embark on a massive update binge, but that would sort of defeat
> the purpose of testing against old Perl versions.  Thoughts?

You could use install a more modern Perl version just for the
buildfarm client while keeping the system perl marooned however far in
the past we promise to support.  Don't know just how painful that is
on those machines...

Best,
David.

Remember to vote!