[pgsql-jobs] Postgresql developer sought, London UK [remote possible] - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Rory Campbell-Lange
Subject [pgsql-jobs] Postgresql developer sought, London UK [remote possible]
Date
List pgsql-jobs
Postgresql Database Developer

Rotamap Ltd is a well established, fast growing company providing
software as a service to hospitals. Our services are used to improve
clinical staff rota management and we are passionate about helping
hospital departments coordinate better. We presently work with 95 NHS
Trusts and have several international clients. Our office is based in
central London. See www.rotamap.net for more information.

Essential
- PostgreSQL with PL/pgSQL and some knowledge of database maintenance
- Complex queries including CTEs
- Linux
- Good spoken and written English
- Very good team-working skills

Useful
- Python and/or PHP
- Familiarity with Postgresql streaming replication

We are looking for an experienced PostgreSQL database developer to join
the database team in our close-knit organisation of 25 people, on a
full-time or part-time permanent basis. Solid experience is required
working with PL/pgSQL, complex queries and techniques such as custom
types and the use of CTEs. Experience of working on the Linux command
line and some knowledge of database maintenance is also required. Some
familiarity with Python or PHP would be useful.

We use a collaborative approach and excellent team-working skills is a
necessary part of the position. The ability to work with technical and
non-technical members of the team and, from time-to-time, clients, to
develop concepts and translate these to data models and working code is
a vital and important part of the role.

We offer the opportunity for long-term, stable employment within an
interesting work environment.
Salary in the region of £47.5k FTE per annum depending on experience,
plus holiday and pension.

Please email <rory@rotamap.net> if you are a PostgreSQL DBA or developer
and would like to learn more about our company and this position. Please
provide a short CV in PDF format. You must presently be able to work in
the UK to apply. Remote working is possible after the 12 week probation
period and, as mentioned, part-time working is a possibility.

No recruitment agencies please.