Re: Error with APT installation (regex warning, PostGIS fails) - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Error with APT installation (regex warning, PostGIS fails)
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Baker, Matthew 2016-11-17 <C8A1C896CD0F954B80CE89A7BCAB3F9E0173C736FD@MBXPDCe.dpsk12.org>
> All,
>
> A few errors have popped up today using the APT repo that have otherwise been rock solid for quite a while:
>
> 1) PostGIS does not install/load as it used to - no errors beyond what 2) below reports

Hi Matthew,

thanks for the report. However, we'd need some details on what exactly
isn't working. Does the PostgreSQL server log have some more
information?

> - Instructions usually used found here: http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostGIS22UbuntuPGSQL95Apt
>
> 2) Strange error coming up that I can only paste and step aside... the error is thrown when using the instructions on
theAPT repo verbatim, and when using the instructions we've modified above for the PostGIS install...also throws an
errorwhen pulling PG v9.6 and v9.5

> Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/(?<!\\)\${ <-- HERE
([^}]+)}/at /usr/sbin/pam_getenv line 78.

These are just warnings that you can ignore. The problem isn't even in
PostgreSQL, but in PAM (/usr/sbin/pam_getenv). There's been a
gazillion of bug reports about it like yours, but the PAM people
haven't fixed it yet :(

Christoph