Re: Radix tree for character conversion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Radix tree for character conversion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 09:18:08AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 3:23 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
> <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> > | COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSION NOTICE
> > |
> > | Copyright (c) 1991-2016 Unicode, Inc. All rights reserved.
> > | Distributed under the Terms of Use in http://www.unicode.org/copyright.html.
> > |
> > | Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
> > | a copy of the Unicode data files and any associated documentation
> > | (the "Data Files") or Unicode software and any associated documentation
> > | (the "Software") to deal in the Data Files or Software
> > | without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use,
> > | copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, and/or sell copies of
> > | the Data Files or Software, and to permit persons to whom the Data Files
> > | or Software are furnished to do so, provided that either
> > | (a) this copyright and permission notice appear with all copies
> > | of the Data Files or Software, or
> > | (b) this copyright and permission notice appear in associated
> > | Documentation.
> >
> > Perhaps we can put the files into our repositoy by providing some
> > notifications.
>
> Uggh, I don't much like advertising clauses.

Your dislike is pretty common.

Might it be worth reaching out to the Unicode consortium about this?
They may well have added that as boilerplate without really
considering the effects, and they even have a popup that specifically
addresses licensing.

http://www.unicode.org/reporting.html

Best,
David.