Re: Mailing list keeps attaching more "Re: [HACKERS]" prefixes - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Mailing list keeps attaching more "Re: [HACKERS]" prefixes
Date
List pgsql-www
Tom Lane wrote:
> Why are the subject lines getting so out-of-hand in this thread?
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/1444920387.3661.7.camel%40postgrespro.ru
>
> That's not happening in other nearby threads, so there's something about
> this one that is causing the Subject-munging logic to go nuts.

Yeah.  What happens there is that because the subject contains a
non-ascii character, the whole thing is encoded in quoted-printable
encoding.  When Majordomo parses the subject to figure out whether or
not to add the list-specific prefix, it doesn't find the existing one
because it does so *before* decoding QP, therefore it adds a new one.

This is rather frequent in the spanish list, but I've not been bothered
enough to consider patching the Majordomo2 code.  It's on its way out
soon enough, anyway, so please bear with it just a little longer.