Re: Approving request of announcement - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Approving request of announcement
Date
List pgsql-www
>> I don't think I qualify for that and I'm ok with the idea of adding
>> this. I would perhaps be happier if we removed one of the others to
>> make room for it but none of them stand out as obviously terrible
>> either.
>
> I would be fine with removing “Registration Open,” and I say this as an organizer who of course would love to have
morepublicity around a conference.  For PGConf US, we typically open registration as soon as we announce the CFP, and
lookingat other community conferences the process seems to be “CFP => Schedule Posting => Registration Closing” as the
typicalannouncements.

> OTOH we’ve rarely had any “Wrap Up” emails go out - I see maybe 1 per year from any community conference? - so maybe
wejust add the additional email topic.

I would like to keep "Registration Open". PGConf.ASIA 2016 (I'm one of
the organizers) is now CFP closed and speakers are just
selected. After this the organizer will soon open registration and
wish to announce this.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii