Re: OpenSSL 1.1 breaks configure and more - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: OpenSSL 1.1 breaks configure and more
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Heikki Linnakangas 2016-09-15 <7e4991a9-410f-5e1f-2a3a-e918e4a4bbbb@iki.fi>
> > I'm afraid it's not that easy - Debian 9 (stretch) will release at the
> > beginning of next year, and apt.postgresql.org will want to build
> > 9.2/9.3/9.4 for that distribution. I guess yum.postgresql.org will
> > have the same problem with the next Fedora release.
>
> Can you elaborate? Are you saying that Debian 9 (strect) will not ship
> OpenSSL 1.0.2 anymore, and will require using OpenSSL 1.1.0?

I thought that was the plan, but upon asking on #debian-devel, it
seems it's not set yet. I'll ask the maintainers directly and report
back.

Christoph