Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?

From: David Fetter
Subject: Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (James Keener, )
 Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (David Fetter, )
  Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (Tomas Vondra, )
   Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (David Fetter, )
 Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (David Fetter, )
   Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (julyanto SUTANDANG, )
    Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (Chris Travers, )

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 11:41:48AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 08/29/2016 11:39 AM, David Fetter wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 08:41:15PM -0400, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >> I suspect not, but I can't think of another example right now.
> >
> > There are a fair number that beat us to that punch (GPDB, HadoopDB,
> > etc.)
>
> Do they have parallel query on a single node?  I suppose you can have
> multiple shards-per-node, but that's still a different feature.

I don't know of one offhand, but that distinction seems like a *VERY*
thin slice to be claiming.

> Also, are there other *SQL* implementations?

Yep.  You can run SQL in parallel atop Hadoop.

Also: https://shardquery.com/2014/02/25/shard-query-supports-background-jobs-query-parallelism-and-all-select-syntax/

Best,
David.

Remember to vote!