Re: Russian translations - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Russian translations
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 10:34:10PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 10:31 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 10:12:14PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>     >     I understand Postgres Pro had to invest resources to do the
>     translation,
>     >     and understand their desire to restrict access.  However, I think we
>     >     need to be clear on exactly what those restrictions are if we are
>     going
>     >     to keep a link from our website.
>     >
>     > We are not. We are already linking, that part is taken care of. As a
>     general
>     > rule I think it'd be good if these things are clarified for visitors
>     there
>     > though, but that's independent of us linking to it.
>
>     Really?  We will link to documentation with any license?  I was saying
>     to _continue_ our linking, we should research this.
>

> Sorry, re-reading we're saying basically the same thing.

OK, good.  I think we still need license clarification though. For
example, if I am maintaining servers for a company, and I read the
Postgres Pro docs, is that commercial use of the docs?  I have no idea,
and I don't think users will either.  I am not trying to be hard on
Postgres Pro, but I do think we need to know these answers so we can
decide.

http://enterprisedb.com