replication slots replicated to standbys? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject replication slots replicated to standbys?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Someone reported that a replication slot that existed at the time a base
backup was done on the master was copied to the standby.  Because they
didn't realize it, their WAL was not being recycled on the standby.

Is that possible?  Is it a known behavior?  I don't see it documented.

http://enterprisedb.com