Re: [Patch] Temporary tables that do not bloat pg_catalog (a.k.a fast temp tables) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: [Patch] Temporary tables that do not bloat pg_catalog (a.k.a fast temp tables)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> But we can change this discussion little bit different. I believe so
> solution should be *global temporary tables*. These tables has
> persistent catalogue entries. Data are joined with session. These
> tables can be effective solution of problem with temporary tables,
> can be strong benefit for developers (more comfortable, possible
> static analyse of PLpgSQL) and it simplify life to all people who has
> do migration from Oracle. So only benefits are there :).

I don't think that global temporary tables solve "catalog bloating that
causes auto vacuum" problem. I suggest we don't change a topic. Or maybe
I don't know something about global temporary tables?

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev