Re: [Patch] Temporary tables that do not bloat pg_catalog (a.k.a fast temp tables) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: [Patch] Temporary tables that do not bloat pg_catalog (a.k.a fast temp tables)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: To Tom Lane 2016-08-15 <20160815111057.v2mqqjp4aabvwqnc@msg.df7cb.de>
> Re: Tom Lane 2016-07-30 <1184.1469890030@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> > In short, I think that the way to make something like this work is to
> > figure out how to have "virtual" catalog rows describing a temp table.
> > Or maybe to partition the catalogs so that vacuuming away temp-table
> > rows is easier/cheaper than today.
>
> We should also be thinking about how the opposite idea of "global"
> temp tables

(Obviously I should catch up on the rest of the thread when postponing
a message for an hour or two. Sorry for the duplicated idea here...)

Christoph