Re: handling unconvertible error messages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Victor Wagner
Subject Re: handling unconvertible error messages
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 17:18:21 +0900 (Tokyo Standard Time)
Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> I'm not sure what messages may be raised before authentication
> but it can be a more generic-solution. (Adding check during
> on-session.)

Definitely, there can be authentication error message, which is sent if
authentication didn't happen. Also, as far as I understand, message
"Database ... doesn't exists" is also send before authentication.

Also, there are CancelRequests, where normal authentication is not
used, and server key, provided in another session used instead.