Re: How can i create specific language wiki pages on category pages? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: How can i create specific language wiki pages on category pages?
Date
List pgsql-www
M.Kakitani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created a page in Japanese on category page.
> (https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Category:Vacuuming/ja)
>
> But created a category of Vacuuming/ja, not a specific language page.
> (so i moved and redirected to https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Vacuuming/ja)
>
> How can i create specific language wiki pages on category pages?
> I want to put a 'Pages in category "XXX"' section on specific language
> pages.

Hmm, interesting problem.  I have no idea what the answer is.  I think
you'd have to research this by yourself and if you can find a solution,
propose it to us if you need external help for installing templates or
something like that.

One problem is that https://mediawiki.org/ itself (which I mostly copied
when I set up the Languages template stuff years ago) has moved on, and
their mechanism to handle multiple languages seems completely different
now.  Probably what they use wouldn't work for us unless we upgraded our
copy of mediawiki, but I doubt the pginfra team would want to do that.

Maybe the solution is to create a Japanese category, without the "/ja"
suffix (Category:真空 or something. I don't know japanese) and add that
category to pages such as https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/VACUUM_FULL/ja