Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 04:46:28PM -0400, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Jul 24, 2016, at 7:52 PM, Marc Linster @ EDB <marc.linster@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> >
> > Magnus:
> >
> > I fixed the ‘)’ and the unnecessary line-end changes to the BigSQL text.
> >
> > As BigSQL is mentioned in their headline and in their body text, I believe that ‘by EnterpriseDB’ should remain in
thecorresponding headlines.

> > Regards, Marc
>
> I have applied this version of the patch to .org - the language should appear after the next cache purge.

Looking at the final version, I find these sentences odd as they sound
almost the same:
https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/
EnterpriseDB    The installer is designed to be a straightforward, fast    way to get up and running with PostgreSQL on
Windows.BigSQL   This distribution is a fast, developer-friendly way to get    a complete PostgreSQL environment
installedand running.

If they sound almost the same, what value does this supply in helping
people choose one of the other?  I think the only difference is
"straightforward" vs. "developer-friendly"?  Is that helpful?

http://enterprisedb.com