Re: PostgreSQL 10 kick-off - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 10 kick-off
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 8/1/16 1:08 PM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:
> > What knowledge is expected for a CFM? I'm really would like to help and
> > also learn more about our development.
>
> If you search the wiki for "commitfest" you will find several pages of
> varying outdatedness that describe the process.

I have cleaned up the wiki a bit, so the authoritative info should be at
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest_Checklist
Note that what that page describes is not exactly what we do nowadays;
if someone wants to edit that page to better reflect reality, be my
guest.  Also see the old (2009) page where an older workflow was
described:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php?title=Running_a_CommitFest&oldid=9369
Perhaps it'd be good to resurrect some of that contents, in modernized
form, to the current page.

Thanks