Re: "Extern" on email address - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: "Extern" on email address
Date
List pgsql-www
Greg,

* Greg Sabino Mullane (greg@turnstep.com) wrote:
> > For instance, at some point in the not too distant
> > future, we're likely to remove the [HACKERS] subject tags and the
> > footers we currently add, also.
>
> Ugh, really? The change of subject line in particular would be really
> unfortunate. Please run that change past -general before you make it. :)

Unfortunately, it's not optional.  As much as the comment is that we're
"likely" to remove them, we really don't have a choice.  Before too much
longer, DMARC is going to be used and respected and required by big
email organizations (eg: GMail ...) and if we change the Subject (or a
number of other headers, or the body of the email) then the DMARC will
fail and the email will be rejected.

We're going to have to remove the subject tags and the footer from all
of the emails due to this.

Thanks!

Stephen