Re: Using both ident and password in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: Using both ident and password in pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 10 May 2016 09:50:10 -0400
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> wrote:
> Can you expand on this?  I can't seem to get my head around it.  How
> does the client make it look like it is coming from this ersatz
> loopback IP?  In fact, I don't even need to add this to pg_hba since
> anything outside of my trusted IPs requires a password

Ignore that last sentence.  It was meant for the following paragraph.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.