Re: Autovacuum of pg_shdepend - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Autovacuum of pg_shdepend
Date
Re: Autovacuum of pg_shdepend  (Ondřej Světlík <osvetlik@flexibee.eu>)
List pgsql-admin
Ondřej Světlík wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have a strange problem with autovacuum. We have three workers, but
> usually only one works and two are waiting as they are all trying to process
> table pg_shdepend which is shared between all databases.

Ooh, interesting bug.

As a workaround I suggest connecting to all of your databases except one
and disabling autovacuum for pg_shdepend.  Then the table will be
processed in the one database where you left it enabled, and the other
workers will take care of the rest of the tables.

I'll think about a real fix.