Re: Clarify "allow_system_table_mods" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Clarify "allow_system_table_mods"
Date
List pgsql-general
Melvin,

* Melvin Davidson (melvin6925@gmail.com) wrote:
> So in essence "*Allows modification of the structure of system tables" does
> NOT allow _structural_ changes (probably only dml changes)
> and the documentation should be changed to clarify.

That would imply that other changes are acceptable.  That is not the
case.  Certain DML changes could cause crashes too.

The documentation is pretty clear that this option is for initdb, and
not anyone else.  I'm unconvinced that we need anything more.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment