Re: Should we remove unused code? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Should we remove unused code?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello, Tom.

Thanks for your reply.

> The fact that make check-world doesn't run any code that uses some
> feature isn't a great argument for removing it.  Consider third-party
> extensions, for starters.

What is current policy regarding such sort of things? Is everything
that is in .h files considered a public API and should be backward
compatible? In this case - for how long, forever or until next major
release? Or lets say there is some API that is not used neither
internally nor by any package available on PGXN. Can we break API then?

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev