Re: Request for Patch Feedback: Lag & Lead Window Functions Can Ignore Nulls - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Request for Patch Feedback: Lag & Lead Window Functions Can Ignore Nulls
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jeff

(Reviving an old thread for 2014...)

* Jeff Davis (pgsql@j-davis.com) wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 23:43 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> >
> > As innocent as this patch seemed at first, it actually opens up a lot of
> > questions.
> >
> > Attached is the (incomplete) edit of the patch so far.
>
> I haven't received much feedback so far on my changes, and I don't think
> I will finish hacking on this in the next few days, so I will mark it
> "returned with feedback".
>
> I don't think it's too far away, but my changes are substantial enough
> (and incomplete enough) that some feedback is required.

Would you have time to work on this for 9.7..?  I came across a
real-world use case for exactly this capability and was sorely
disappointed to discover we didn't support it even though there had been
discussion for years on it, which quite a few interested parties.

I'll take a look at reviewing your last version of the patch but wanted
to get an idea of if you still had interest and might be able to help.

Thanks!

Stephen