Re: [patch] Proposal for \crosstabview in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [patch] Proposal for \crosstabview in psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:

> This seems like it might be converging on some sort of consensus, but
> I'm wondering if we shouldn't push it to 9.7, instead of rushing
> decisions that we will later have trouble changing on
> backward-compatibility grounds.

My intention is to commit this afternoon in the next couple of hours,
and only the most basic case is going to be supported, and the rest of
the cases (concatenation of several fields and several rows, etc) are
just going to throw errors; that way, it will be easy to add more
features later as they are agreed upon.