Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: In pg_dump, include pg_catalog and extension ACLs, if changed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: In pg_dump, include pg_catalog and extension ACLs, if changed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> It'd be possible to fix (1) by adding "drop if exists", but I think the
> whole thing is wrongheaded due to (2).  Perhaps the needs of the test
> could be met by granting/revoking some rights explicitly to current_user
> (ie, the test superuser)?  That wouldn't have any real effects on a
> superuser, but it would provide some grist for testing the behavior.

Sure, I can do that.

> Or you could test this behavior in some other setting than the core
> regression tests; perhaps in a TAP test for pg_dump.

I have to admit that I'm not terrible familiar with setting that up, but
will take a look at it.  This is what I'd really like to have as we
have far too little testing of pg_dump in the test suite.

Thanks!

Stephen