Re: enum bug - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: enum bug
Date
List pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 03/14/2016 08:48 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> >(*) Yes, I'm being a bit sarcastic here, sorry about that.  I actually
> >learned quite a bit of database design and related topics by translating
> >the "General Bits" column she used to write, many years ago.
>
> Your answer presumes some personal issue with Elein. I don't know why that
> is.

Quite the contrary.  I hold the utmost respect for her and her work.  I
think she has something useful to say on this topic (and many others)
and the community is being myopic by saying that "enums are useless
anyway, so why improve on them, use lookup tables" which is essentially
what is being repeated over and over.