PPAS capacity measuring method - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From 박양상
Subject PPAS capacity measuring method
Date
Re: PPAS capacity measuring method  (Jason Davis <jason.davis@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-admin

Hello,

We are planning on migrating ORACLE DB running on UNIX to PPAS in Redhat environment in a few monthes.

Before migration, we need to adopt new servers to accommodate the same amount of transactions done on ORACLE DB.

I already know general things like the number of connections, workload which are very detrimental factors for capacity measuring.

We are in real situation to show the technical evidences to my boss before bringing new servers to our center.

Compared to ORACLE DB, how can I assure the number of CPU cores, how many memories, disk space necessary?

benchmarking stuff or something will be very helpful.

I am really appreciated for your support if you give me any sort of information.

Thanks.