Re: Template for commit messages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Template for commit messages
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 11:53:44AM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> The original format uses the author for that (author != committer in git), but
> that changes how we work a bit more. I'd be happy to just clal it "Author"
> rather than "Patch-by".
>
> I also suggest a - in "Backpatch-through:" -- since all the others are
> intentionally mad ewithout a space, I assume that's for easier parsing.
>
> They also had tested-by, it might be an idea to include that as well?

OK, updated based on those suggestions:
-- email subject limit ------------------------------------------- gitweb summary limit
--------------------------Reported-by:Bug:Author:Reviewed-by:Tested-by:Backpatch-through:

http://enterprisedb.com

+ Roman grave inscription                             +