Re: Logical decoding on standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Logical decoding on standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Dimitriy,

Дмитрий Сарафанников wrote:

> /* ----
> * TODO: We got to change that someday soon...
[ more code ]
> if (RecoveryInProgress())
> ereport(ERROR,
> (errcode(ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED),
> errmsg("logical decoding cannot be used while in recovery")));
> When you plan to add logical decoding on standby?

Things change as people submit patches to make them change.  If you want
this changed, you could either write a patch yourself, or persuade
someone else to do it for you.

I don't think anyone is working in this particular TODO just yet -- as I
know, all the logical-decoding-enabled developers are pretty busy doing
other things.  The good news is that the things that need doing are
spelled right there in the comment :-)