Re: pglogical_output - a general purpose logical decoding output plugin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomasz Rybak
Subject Re: pglogical_output - a general purpose logical decoding output plugin
Date
Re: Re: pglogical_output - a general purpose logical decoding output plugin  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
I just quickly went through patch v5.
It's rather big patch, on (or beyond) my knowledge of PostgreSQL to perform high-quality review. But during this week
I'lltry to send reviews of parts of the code, as going through it in one sitting seems impossible.

One proposed change - update copyright to 2016.

i'd also propose to change of pglogical_output_control.in:
comment = 'general purpose logical decoding plugin'
to something like "general-purpoer plugin decoding and generating stream of logical changes"

We might also think about changing name of plugin to something resembling "logical_streaming_decoder" or even
"logical_streamer"