Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Date
List pgsql-general
Kevin Grittner wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 2:58 PM, Regina Obe <lr@pcorp.us> wrote:
>
> > How would you feel about the original thread that started this.
> >
> > https://github.com/opal/opal/issues/941
>
> I'm not interested in opal, and don't have time to read a thread
> with (when I looked) 374 messages, but if the gist of it is that
> they have a code of conduct that attempts to control the speech or
> actions of contributors outside of the venue of the lists or events
> of the project, count me as -1, regardless of how offensive I might
> find said speech or actions.

I didn't look at this one either, but I looked at the "contributor
covenant" Regina linked to earlier (as an example of what not to do) and
was shocked to see that any random outsider can *demand* a project admin
to take action on harassment accusations, or have *the admin* be removed
from the project.  I found that totally backwards and I'd certainly be
against anything that contains such language.