BUG #13859: pg_upgrade permissions on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From igal@lucee.org
Subject BUG #13859: pg_upgrade permissions on Windows
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13859
Logged by:          Igal Sapir
Email address:      igal@lucee.org
PostgreSQL version: 9.5.0
Operating system:   Windows 2008R2

I'm not sure if this is a known issue or not, but in order to run pg_upgrade
on Windows to upgrade from pgsql-9.4 to pgsql-9.5 I had to:

1) Give Write permissions to Everyone for the working directory, old-data
directory, and new-data directory.

* please note that I was running pg_upgrade as Administrator but still had
to add those permissions

2) Set method to trust in pg_hba.conf for both the old database and the new
database.

If those are the requirements then it should be documented better in my
opinion, though it might be better to make it less restrictive if possible.