Re: Get PgBackMan into apt.postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Get PgBackMan into apt.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: rafael 2015-10-30 <56334A7E.6050807@usit.uio.no>
> Hello
>
> Iam the maintainer of the PgBackMan project http://www.pgbackman.org/
>
> I would like to get pgbackman into apt.postgresql.org and I am wondering
> if this is possible and what do I need to do to get this.

Hi Rafael,

sorry for getting back to you so late. I actually had your mail from
June 2014 about the same topic still flagged for reply in my inbox and
it was always on my mental TODO list, but it just never happened. :(

After seeing your presentation at pgconf.eu in Vienna I had ranked the
idea higher again and was glad you sent a mail about it, after which I
had an initial look at the package. Real life + work was pretty
intense over the past weeks so I'm replying only now. Sorry.

(And sorry for the lengthy foreword, now on to business ;)

> The source code is in github and I already have done some job needed to
> create the deb package:
>
> https://github.com/rafaelma/pgbackman/tree/master/debian
>
> I am not a expert in building deb packages and I need a lite help to get
> this done.

I'm just adding pgbackman to apt.postgresql.org and the first build
will be starting in a few minutes. There's several things that should
be fixed before we put the packages up for general use, though. (I'll
list them in random order, and probably send out the mail half-way
because the kids will likely be calling in a few minutes... :)

* debian/changelog is broken; the second paragraph lost the "pgbackman
  (1.0.0-1)...." header

  If you install "devscripts", there's a tool called "dch" which will
  help you getting the formatting right. (Though it will probably barf
  on the current file.) "dch -i" will produce a new entry.

(Ok I'm being called... more later...)

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/